Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Thursday 14 January 2010

Thursday 14th January: Back in the pool

I have just done my first training session after six weeks off, and, while I was expecting it to be absolutely horrendous, I was pleasantly surprised.

But, there's somethig niggling away inside, I think it's actually a memory, that is saying the second session is always the worst. And, given that I did write tonight's set, and made it quite easy, I think that niggle will become a reality come my second session on Sunday.

But, aside from all that, I feel great. My lungs have expanded, those endorphins are flying around (I'm smiling at strangers, I feel that great), and the lethargy I've been feeling the past few weeks has disappeared. Hell, I could run the London marathon now if I had to.

I'm sure the low will follow, most likely when I wake up in the morning and can't move, but hey, I'm going to live this moment and carry on being sickeningly smug, because frankly, it doesn't happen that often.

No comments:

Post a Comment