Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Monday 18 January 2010

Monday 18th January: Morning glory

Now that I've got this blog, I'm on red alert for most of the day trying to take a picture to post. Sometimes it gets to my journey on the train home and I'm still without a picture.

So, imagine my delight, when at 8am this morning, walking along Oxford Street, I saw a hundred horses, as opposed to irate taxi drivers and big red buses.

So bemused was I though, that I didn't think about taking a photo, the sight of the horses took me by surprise and it was only when they had nearly walked by that I suddenly though: "Shit! I need a photo for today and that's probably as interesting as it's going to get."

Such is the excitement in my life ...

Not caring what I looked like, I dropped my bag in a flurry, grabbed the camera, waited impatiently for it to turn on, and then click.

Needless to say, if you do anything out of the ordinary in London, you get 'the looks' and are given a wide berth.

But with this blog, there has to be an element of 'I don't care what I look like, I just want to get a good picture'.

I think I will have to get used to making a tit of myself, it's only for a year, and after that, I can go back to being 'normal', whatever that means.

No comments:

Post a Comment