Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Monday 4 January 2010

Sunday 3rd January: My constant companion


I know, I'm just three days into my Picture of the day blog and I have posted an image of a toilet. You'll have to forgive me, but if this blog is all about my memories of the year, then this has to be recorded.

When my stomach made its first grumblings at 2pm yesterday, I thought, like the rest of the developed world, that it was just an aversion to going back to work after the Christmas hols. I was soon corrected by my man on the sofa, who reminded me of his very recent bout of gastroenteritis. It was almost with glee that he declared: "Ha, I think you've caught my bug!" It was almost like he was impressed by his ability to spread his germs. Hardly a surprise really when you consider most men are chuffed when they spread their seeds far and wide.

Determined to ignore the ominous signs, I continued to eat and even drank some whisky, thinking I could intoxicate and drown the bug. Alas, it wasn't to be.

The rest is not worth detailing, enough to say that the noises and smells will stay with me for some time.

However, by 3am this morning I was able to say, unlike everyone else in the country, that I wish I was well and heading for work in a few hours' time.

I'll trade you the first day back any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment