Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Monday 1 February 2010

Monday 1st February: Hola!

So, I'm off to Spain on Sunday for the week and this little man, Michel Thomas, is back on my playlist.

A few years ago I went to Spanish classes as I desperately wanted to learn a language. I wasn't good at them in school, and how I managed to get a B in German I'll never know. Just shows how easy the exams were I guess ...

What I got from the evening classes was nothing though compared to the little cheeky Michel. You don't have to write anything down, learn anything by rote, you simply listen and repeat, and, remarkably, you speak Spanish!

He also does a French and German course the same and I highly recommend it if you've got a long commute and can't find the time each evening to study.

I'm hoping come Sunday I'll be fluent (ha!), or at least be able to order a beer and chips!

Beunas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment