Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Monday 8 February 2010

Sunday 7th February: "Carnaval"


With just several hours of sleep behind us, we grumpily made our way to the airport with just a few grunts between us.

With an EasyJet flight ahead, there was nothing to get particularly excited about.

Like most of you, I do hate the fact that EasyJet can't give seat numbers. How hard is it, really? It's as if people are scrambling for Africa again, not for seats on a plane. Such fuss in order to sit next to the people you're going on holiday with; I wonder if there's such enthusiasm on the way home after a week with said people?

We've hired a car and were under strict instructions from those in the know that you shouldn't leave the departure lounge of Malaga airport in search of hire cars as there's no way back in the building.

Tentatively making my way to the hire car area, I'm faced with all the hire car operators. I make my way to Europ Car and am followed by the most annoying man I think I have ever met. Then his wife, "Sheila" turned up. After 15 minutes of listening to him, I nearly invited Saint Sheila on holiday with us. How she can put up with a man who does a running commentary of his life, second-by-second, with an opinion on EVERYTHING, is absolutely staggering.

Knowing my luck, I'll be sat next to the fool on the way home as Sheila would have realised that if she gets to the EasyJet plane late enough, there won't be any seats left that are next to each other.

Anyway, after a few hours cleaning the apartment we're staying in, we headed in to Malaga and were lucky enough too see a "Carnaval". I can only think of Bonfire Night as something we all do jointly throughout the UK, yet here everyone was out with tired kids, excited grandparents and streams of colour and chopped up paper flying through the skies.

It was wonderful and you really got a sense of family and friendship here, which is certainly amiss back home ...

No comments:

Post a Comment