Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Tuesday 9 February 2010

Tuesday 9th February: Chocolate con churros

I love the fact you can eat what you want on holiday. Where else would you eat churros, donut-type sticks caked in oil with sugar on top? And no, I didn't lick my lips.

After such gluttony, we checked over the old palace-city ruins of Madinat al-Zahra, but I'm not really a pile of stones person, thank goodness archaeology only made a brief appearance on my childhood 'Potential jobs' list.

Back in the car and off to a castle built in AD740, Almodovar del Rio. More stones, but at least the castle has been restored and is standing, you can at least imagine life here, once upon a time, unlike the pile of stones at Madinat al-Zahra which is really hard to imagine anything.

Does make you think that the life we leave now and the buildings we walk into every day, which someday just be a pile of stones and rubble. What a depressing thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment