Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Wednesday 3rd March: A day out of the office


Every time Debenhams has a 'megaday' (to the outside world this is usually a sale with up to 25% across the whole store), head office staff have to work in store for a day to help out.

Working online, we tend to head to Southampton to our beauty and fragrance distribution centre and spend the day packing beauty products into bags and boxes.

And this this was my day today, and I quite enjoyed it!

Whether it was because I was away from the mad world that is my day job, or different scenery, I found the whole act of packing bag after bag after box so therapeutic. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if I had to go back again tomorrow I would hate it, but for one day every few months, I actually find myself looking forward to it.

The mundane should be celebrated sometimes, if only to give you a wake up call and an appreciation that you don't have to do that job every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment