Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Sunday 28 March 2010

Sunday 28th March: ... Goodbye old car

As I write this, I still have a lump in my throat. Today I had to wave goodbye to my old car, which I've had for five years.

I'm aware that most people will think I'm being ridiculous, but as I watched it being driven away, tears sprung into my eyes.

It holds lots of memories, good and bad, and has been one of the few constants in my life during that time.

What made the moment even more emotional, is that I learned that the old man buying the car from me (pictured), lost his wife suddenly last Monday, and they haven't even had the funeral yet.

He is unable to cope with his existing car as it's so big, but moreover, he drove his wife in it for the last time when he took her to hospital shortly before he died and it's just too much for him.

Apparently he was so happy this morning when he was collected to come down here and pick it up, and before he left, he brought his hands up and said about the car: 'It's all I have now.'

Now if that doesn't bring a tear to your eye, you're a lot stronger than I am.

1 comment:

  1. Nooo! I remember that car. Happy days. Although very good choice of new car mate, i had a black one just like it and loved it. You'll have a lot of fun and a great summer. Kidders. x

    ReplyDelete