Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Friday 9 April 2010

Wednesday 7th April: Baggage

Today I said farewell to my beloved blue Mulberry Mabel handbag. I haven't thrown it out (God forbid I throw out a Mulberry!), I've just had to put it away for a while.

The thing is, it's faded, it looks tired, it isn't what it used to be, and it's a bit limp. And to be absolutely honest, it was like looking in a mirror.

So this week, as well as buying a new bag (see picture - a fraction of the price of a Mulberry btw!), I've had a haircut, I've had more than the usual 5-6 hours sleep a night, and put a bit of fake tan on.

I now feel less like a lacklustre blue Mulberry, and more like a tanned, crispy new bag of potential.

Sometimes you just need to get rid of the baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment