Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Monday 5 April 2010

Friday 2nd April: Lytes Cary with Mum

Is that really ... no it can't be ... is that The Sun? As the rain cleared and the clouds opened, me and my Mum quickly jumped in the car and went to our local National Trust house - Lytes Cary - for a nose.

You see I bought my Mum National Trust membership for Christmas, so whenever she comes and visits us in Sussex, or she goes anywhere, she just has to take in every house in the area - 'well you need to get your money's worth don't you?' she doesn't say, but I know she thinks.

And it was actually really lovely. My parents have lived just a few miles up the road from this house for nearly 25 years, and I've never been there before. Yet I have been to a few places all around the world for a lot more money and a lot more hassle.

Sometimes you shouldn't ignore what's under your nose, it might just surprise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment