Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Monday 5 April 2010

Saturday 3rd April: Montacute House

Day 2 on the National Trust trail ... My Mum was in full flow after yesterday's trip to Lytes Cary, so we took in Montacute House, about 5 miles from my folks' home. It is most recently renowned for its filming of the 1995 film adaptation Sense and Sensibility.

With three stories to take in, though, it takes real effort to maintain interest ... the gallery on the top floor is quite something: 53 metres in length and pictures from the National Portrait Gallery. But by then we were both jaded and had had enough of old houses.

Time for a cup of tea and some sponge - how quaint!

No comments:

Post a Comment