Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Monday 5 April 2010

Wednesday 31st March: Lunch at Waitrose, again

I know I've written about this before, but whenever I return to the office with lunch in a John Lewis/Waitrose bag, you get the looks and comments along the lines of: 'Ooooh, someone earns a lot of money', or 'That's a bit posh innit?'

I happen to go there because you can get a large, yes large, salad bowl (I'm not talking rabbit leaves here, rather Greek salad, potato salad, pasta, pulses etc) for £3.25. Now that's cheaper than most Pret sandwiches and the same price as a Big Bold soup from Eat (the Chicken Laksa is gorgeous btw).

So no, I'm not rich and I ain't posh - I just like a good lunch that isn't expensive and Waitrose, despite your preconceptions, is one of the best, and cheapest, in the area. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment