Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Sunday 9 May 2010

Thursday 6th May: Polling day

I just love elections! The build up, the night itself, and the results. Polls suggest we're going to have a hung parliament, and that the Liberal Democrats are going to have a fantastic evening.

What I love most of all, is the whole pomp and ceremony once the leader has been elected. The Prime Minister heads to the Queen to resign, the new PM then goes to the Queen and then gets welcomed into Downing Street.

Whether my favoured party gets in or not, I'm always quite uplifted. I love fresh starts, it makes me walking taller and feel generally more optimistic.

I don't think this is going to happen this time round, what an anti-climax it's going to be ...

No comments:

Post a Comment