Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Sunday 16 May 2010

Saturday 15th May: Discomania!


I'm not someone who needs a lot of music in my life (or perhaps I just don't know it ?), so it's rare that I ever want to crank up the complex stereo system in the lounge and just chill out.

But last night, after a bit of a pub crawl in Lindfield and a discussion about what our first song would be (if we can ever be bothered to hop on the good foot and do the bad thing), we headed back to play some potentials.

Three hours later, CDs everywhere and after some reeeeeally bad dancing, I think we made up our mind. But more importantly for me, I've discovered 'my music' (don't get me wrong, first dances and weddings are fine, but they're a bit scary aren't they?!).

There's a specific 'beat' that I like (if a song didn't have that beat, it wasn't allowed to be played - very drunk = very bossy in my book), so, here's a selection of 'my beat':

Gonzalez - I haven't stopped dancing yet
You to me are everything - The Real Thing
Rock your baby - George McRae
When you're in love with a beautiful woman - Dr Hook
Atomic - Blondie
Feels like I'm in love - Kelli Marie
Dancing in the city - Marshall Hain
Imagination - Just an illusion
Tavares - More than a woman
Never can say goodbye - Gloria Gaynor
Knock on wood - Amii Stewart

We ended up having our own little wedding party, and it wasn't too scary, it was actually a lot of fun (partly because of the bad dance moves).

So, I now know my music and I now know how to work the stereo. But I think Mark wishes I didn't ... poor sod.

No comments:

Post a Comment