Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Monday 3 May 2010

Saturday 1st May: A park bench with a story

I'm quite a romantic at heart, providing the romance isn't directed towards me (God forbid), and I love to read the messages inscribed on park benches. Each has a story behind it, and one that you're never going to know.

So, I was rather disappointed when I came across this bench in Tunbridge Wells. I guess they have to advertise somehow ... but where's the romance in that?!

Typically, the Americans do inscriptions very well:

"To my knight in shining armour; the love of my life, Mouse"

“Michelle, will you marry me? Love, John.”

“I love you very much and look forward to marrying you ... but if we have a fight you can always sleep here."

Check out some stock images here.

I'd love, if I had time, to go around park benches and take pictures of all the messages - but perhaps that's what my blog will be about in 2011 ...

No comments:

Post a Comment