Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Thursday 24 December 2009

Thursday 24th June: Schumacher's return

Schumacher is back, it's been confirmed. What was a possibility earlier this year, is going to happen in 2010, and I can't wait.

Love him or hate him, and despite that chin, the guy's got pulling power. Having been an avid fan of F1 for 15 years now, since Schuey's departure at the end of 2006 I've sometimes forgotten there's a race on, despite our two British drivers 'running the show'.

I like Button, I've still got his Williams cap when he started out in F1, and even worked for his management company for a while, but Schumacher he isn't. The guy was ruthless (who else would almost push his brother into a wall on the last lap at Monaco, just for seventh place?), he was arrogant, and he took out our dear Damon Hill in Australia.

But boy, he was exciting to watch. He even did what no driver has done since - overtake.
Button is cleaner, yes, but he's got a lot to learn if he wants to match Schuey's seven.

Looks like he'll now be able to learn from the master once again. But will he be looking ahead at Schuey's exhaust, or looking in his mirrors?

Roll on March ...

No comments:

Post a Comment