Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Tuesday 22nd December: Pride & Prejudice


Sorry to all you non-Classics lovers out there, but before you click the 'Close' button, this is a tribute to Elizabeth Bennett. And for those who thought I was going to talk about Mr Darcy emerging from the lake in all his glory, you'd best click the 'Close' button now.

I was asked today who my heroines were and Elizabeth Bennett came to mind.

I love the fact Lizzie wasn't going to settle for the life mapped out before her. Could you imagine being married to Mr Collins? Yeuggh!

There may not be a Darcy around the corner (I'm lucky, I've found mine), but I'd rather wait for that just-got-out-the-lake moment than settle for a life less ordinary.

Thank you Elizabeth Bennett for defying the norm. I salute you.

No comments:

Post a Comment