Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Monday 21 December 2009

Monday 21st December: Our naga chilli - one of the hottest in the world


When the man in the pub handed us a little chilli plant (yes, it sounds a bit dodgy I know), he told us it was a Dorset Naga - the hottest chilli in the world (confirmed by the Guinness Book of Records in 2007).

The 'little' plant has now taken over our spare room and, given that it's nearly as tall as I am (or at least it was before we gave it a haircut at the weekend), I'm a bit miffed that it's only produced four scabby-looking chillies.

Haven't tried one yet, but given that my normal curry is a balti, I'll be sure to post a picture of me eating the end of one so you can have a laugh.

Find out more about the Dorset Naga

Grow your own

No comments:

Post a Comment