Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Friday 31 December 2010

Friday 31st December: New Year's eve in Cusco

One of the craziest New Year's I've ever had. In the UK, when we have a firework display, the whole firework area is cordoned off, health and safety is the priority etc. Here, there were people letting off fireworks anywhere and everywhere.

We arrived at the square and saw an open space in front of us. Being the tourists, we took a photo of ourselves to capture the evening. BANG! A firework was let off right behind us - we were standing where everyone was setting off the fireworks, doh!

At times it felt like a war zone and I was shielding my head most of the evening. One woman in front of us, a tourist of course, let off a rocket sideways instead of in the air, how it missed anyone I don't know.

Crazy, crazy, but great fun.

Not a bad picture to end my blog ... one final farewell post to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment