Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Wednesday 22nd September: A good deed

A couple of weeks ago one Saturday morning I was in a real hurry in town and ran past a dropped wallet. As I strode past (note the use of 'strode' rather than 'stomped'), my thought process was on overdrive. I knew I had to go back and pick up the wallet, but I was also late for an appointment.

As I came to a dramatic halt (think of steam coming of the back of my feet), I walked back and picked up the wallet.

A couple of hours later I was in the police station to drop it off. I felt like a criminal. I don't think they get people hand in wallets very often, I presume they get picked at like a chicken carcass and then thrown in the bin when there's nothing decent left.

I left my name and address and thought nothing more of it.

Until this morning, when I had this note and a £5 arrive in the post. A thank you from the owner of the wallet.

Shame he wasn't one of the millionaires in Sussex, but it's £5 nonetheless and a lovely gesture.

So if you see a wallet in the street, pick it up and maybe you'll get a reward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment