Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Tuesday 13th July: Soleta the ghekko


While the neighbours are away, a ghekko we must feed. But what do you do when the bugger just won't eat? She's getting on a bit now, and hasn't eaten since our neighbours left on Saturday.

So we watched a clip on YouTube (love that you can find everything you need on YouTube!) and watched as they prised the jaw open. So we tried it ourselves tonight and it wasn't easy. I then had to chop a wax worm up (in front of his friends I hasten to add - I'm a bad bad person) so that she could eat it a bit more easily, but instead managed to get it in her mouth and trapped at the back so she can't even swallow it now!

I'm convinced we're going to go there tomorrow and try again and the poor thing will have given up. We've only got her on 'our watch' until tomorrow night, though, so please please don't let anything happen to her!


No comments:

Post a Comment