Welcome

This is my attempt to publish a picture a day in 2010, and occasionally add my musings. I can't promise it'll be interesting, but it serves the purpose of recording my memories for every day of the year.

Saturday 27 February 2010

Friday 26th February: Water tap and filter, apparently!

Over the past two years, it'll be near to midnight when my phone buzzes to let me know that I have an email. Usually it's just the latest emails I've signed up to, but every week or so I get an email from my brother who has just come in from the garage after making a part for the steam lorry he's building from scratch.

This picture is of a water tap and filter, apparently! He has to make hundreds of components, while only a handful are ready-made, such as the boiler.

I am always amazed by his stamina when it comes to his engineering projects, more so given that he was paralysed from the chest down just over seven years ago. I swear he does more in a day than an average man does in a week.

Whenever I have a long day in the office and feel like a moan, I always think of him out in his garage, still working away, despite having already been to work that day. Twelve hour days are nothing to him, in fact, if he only does 12 hours then he considers it an unproductive day!

He's hoping to finish the lorry later this year so I'll be sure to post pictures between now and then, not only for the memories, but for the inspiration I need to just keep at it, whatever's thrown at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment